Pages

Interview to Miranda Kerr!!, Harpe's Bazaar!! :

Saturday 26 January 2013

 MIRANDA KERR SETYLE :

Harper's Bazaar: Describe your style in three words.
Miranda Kerr: Classic, chic and comfortable.
HB: Who are your style icons, one living, one dead?
MK: I have always admired Audrey Hepburn’s style and my Nan has always been a style icon for me. Growing up I would play in her wardrobe and was very influenced by her. She taught me that you don't need to have a lot of money to have style. It’s the way you put things together and how you carry yourself.
HB: What are you buying this fall to update your look?
MK: Leather baseball cap — I saw this particular one on Instagram and ordered it immediately.
HB: You've become a street style star for your effortless off-duty look. What's your formula for success?
MK: For me it’s all about keeping things simple and feeling comfortable in what I am wearing. I prefer investing in classic well tailored pieces.
HB: What would you never wear?
MK: Never say never! I'm open to trying new things.
HB: What is your wardrobe MVP? 
MK: Right now it’s a pair of Cartier diamond earrings — they are really delicate and timeless.
HB: Go-to shopping spots?
MK: Because I’m never in one spot for too long I shop a lot on Net-a-Porter.
HB: You are known for your healthy lifestyle. How has motherhood affected that?
MK: I live by the philosophy that beauty starts from within and I make a conscious effort to fill my body with nutrients through the food I eat. Becoming a mother has made me even more aware and more passionate about nutrition and wellness. So much so that I am now a certified health coach practitioner. I love when we are all together as a family and I can cook really healthy, delicious meals for them. Most of my childhood was spent outdoors climbing trees, swimming in the river, riding dirt bikes and horses and I would like Flynn to experience all of those things.
HB: If you only have a half hour to work out for a day what would you do?
MK: Yoga is at the core of my health and wellness routine, even if it’s only for 10 to 15 minutes I find it helps me to re-center and to focus as well as improve my overall core strength. Then I'll do a few extra squats for my butt and thighs.
HB: In terms of diet, do you follow any hard and fast guidelines?
MK: Rather than diet my family instilled in me a real appreciation and passion for good health and organic living. I adopt the 80/20 rule. 80% good, 20% indulgent and that works for me and my body personally. I love food and enjoy eating fresh organic produce. I drink warm water and lemon every morning and I also drink lots of good quality purified and preferably alkaline water throughout the day. My Nan introduced me to Noni juice when I was twelve years old, which I drink twice daily. I treat myself occasionally and don't have any guilt or conditions placed on it. Food is my friend and consistency is the key. I believe that everything in moderation is best.
HB: Favorite guilty-pleasure food?
MK: I really love organic dark chocolate covered gogi berries.
HB: We've been reading up on eating for your blood type. What is your background on this approach?
MK: I follow the Dr. Peter D'Adamo Blood Type Diet as best I can. It’s an eating and living guideline that understands you as a biochemical individual… and I find it really works for me. I eat vegetables, ocean caught fish, and small amounts of organic free range chicken.
HB: Are you still racing motorbikes? What do you do for a sense of adventure?
MK: I definitely still love motorbikes, however since having Flynn I haven't been riding- these days. A lot of my adventures come from chasing Flynn around and watching him grow.
HB: Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
MK: I find the practice of yoga very spiritual and taking the time to just be and to reflect through meditation and chanting helps me to connect to a higher energy. I also discovered a spiritual strength in affirmations when I was very young which was the inspiration for my book Treasure Yourself.
HB: Turning to your career, what did walking in the Balenciaga show mean to you?
MK: Walking the runway for Balenciaga is amazing — I love working with Nicolas Ghesquiere, he is so talented and I love what he does. Each season he inspires me and I am always honoured to work with him.
HB: As a working mom, what are some philosophies on parenting you can share? 
MK: I believe in having a vision for the future but living each day at a time. Time seems to slow down for me when I focus on staying in the moment and that helps me maintain a sense of balance. When I’m with Flynn my phone is switched off and I stay away from my lap top. It means the time I do spend with him is quality time. Life seems to be busy for most people and if you know you are doing the best you can then there really is nothing more you can do then that.

 In Louis Vuitton.
 In Equipment blouse, Stella McCartney pants and sunglasses and Céline bag.
 Stella McCartney.
 In J. Brand shorts.
 In Dolce & Gabbana.